Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

9800 Torch will not Pair with Land Rover Discovery 4

Hi all

is there a know issue with the 9800. I just took delivery of a Discover 4 and the 9800 does not see any bluetooth communication form the vehicle. It is fine with an IPhone. What do I need to do?  Thanks for your help

Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

Re: 9800 Torch will not Pair with Land Rover Discovery 4

norton1604 wrote:

Hi all

is there a know issue with the 9800. I just took delivery of a Discover 4 and the 9800 does not see any bluetooth communication form the vehicle. It is fine with an IPhone. What do I need to do?  Thanks for your help

I know that this will sound like I'm passing the buck, but you need to contact the dealer in order to see what BlackBerry device they have software downloaded in your new Land Rover, and also see if they have the software for the 9800.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Thanks for the info.

Spoke with Land Rover and I have to reload Version 6.0 Bundle 2391 onto the phone. I need to find out how to do that.  Can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

norton1604 wrote:

Thanks for the info.

Spoke with Land Rover and I have to reload Version 6.0 Bundle 2391 onto the phone. I need to find out how to do that.  Can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Wow, that is the 6.0.0.534 OS that was first released around May of 2011. I wonder why Landrover is using it. Anyway, you can find the OS in the link in this thread by J Sanders. The .534 OS is the last one on the page after you select the 9800 device. I would download the BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2391 (All Languages) OS to your computer. Make sure to delete any other OS you may have downloaded to you computer before you start this porcess. Just follow the instructions in the linked thread I provided and you'll be good to go.

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".