06-04-2012 09:35 AM
as mentioned in the subject
am having a problem with my 9800 torch that the screen touch sensitivity is not working at all. i tried formating the apps from it but still nothing happened
also it reboots many times automaticaly and thats makes it difficult to do anything to fix the screen problem
please i need your help to fix this issue
Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700
06-04-2012 03:31 PM
Try a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache like rebooting a PC. Then try again and see if your problem persists.
What OS are you on? On your device, type in a new message MYVER and a space after to see and report back please.
On device go to Options, Device, Application Management is a great way to see what your apps are doing with your CPU usage on Smartphone. Just slide top bar to CPU and see what is going on. Also touch the CPU menu to see other time variables. I found out that an app was eating away CPU cycles on mine
Disable Compression on media card? go to Options, Device, Storage
using a custom theme? try it for a day the factory default one to rule out your theme
remember the esc key closes most apps, except for GPS and some chat clients. the other apps need to use menu and then exit or close. The farthest key to the right is a home key and does not close any apps per se but will end calls.
If the above does not work then maybe running a new OS is in order.
Manual device OS upgrade instructions:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6
6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.
7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.
8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339
Enjoy the new OS.
if after all of this then maybe you have an issue with your device and will need to contact place of purchase if under warranty still.
BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.
BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V