Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Mobiles.co.uk

9800 touch screen

A couple of months ago my front panel button to my Torch 9800 which is about a year old fell off. Since my phone was looking a little bit scratched up i decided to purchase a full housing and tool kit so i could disassemble my phone and change it's housing as well as replace the top buttons. The process was very complicated and my dad helped me to do most of it but we used a video tutorial to make sure we are doing everything correctly. Once we were finished it turned out my touch screen had stopped working and my phone's 'handset' speaker was not working so i could only use the speakerphone. If i was go to a repair shop would they be able to disassemble my phone again to try and get the touch screen woring again and possible add a handset speaker to it?

Secondly today my top buttons panel fell off  'again' and while my phone was in my pocket my front button's flex cable broke so not i can no longer use my 'menu' or 'call' button. If i was to go to a repair shop would they be able to fix this and how much do you think it would cost?