10-09-2012 11:07 AM
Hi there hope you cna help on my 9800 i am unable to access Setup>mailAccounts>Internet Mail Account folder to enable Gmail calendar syncronisation ive set up on the Vodaphone mobiel website. i get the gmail emails to my device but cant get the calendar to wsync unless i can set the security on the handset in that folder
seem to be up against a brick wall any help really appreciated
10-09-2012 11:23 AM
just tried it again and it wont even let me into the email accounts icon whereas it did allow that before and showed the BIS and BES options(im not on BES so BIS was my only option)
10-09-2012 11:49 AM
Please try this FIRST, using your BlackBerry browser...
• Go to mobile.blackberry.com OR to www.blackberry.com/integrate
• Scroll down to Communication and then to Email.
• Choose the appropriate email set up options.
If that works and completes your email setup/editing, good.
If not, follow these additional instructions:
2) Register HRT: (OS5) Home Screen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Scroll to any line entry and > press the Menu key > and then click Register Now. If you have an OS 6 or OS 7 device, Look at Options > Device > Advanced > Host Routing Table, etc.
3) Resend Service Books: Article ID: KB02830 How to send the service books for a BlackBerry Internet Service account. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830
4) Then, with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.
5) Now, return to the 1) mobile.blackberry.com email setup as mentioned above and follow that.
Hopefully that will get things going again for you!
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code
10-09-2012 12:24 PM
Thanks JSanders I've tried the initial suggestion and managed to access the setup site however there wasn't an option to agreed synchronisation security as I had hoped.
willnhave a go at your 2nd suggestion register HRT but I'm a bit stumped where do I input the options menu you said home screen is tthe the wallpaper home screen I get when I turn on the device or another