Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9810, Playbook
My Carrier: telus

9810 Camera quality

I recently upgraded my Torch 9800 to the 9810 after reading many reviews about how much of an improvement the 9810 would be from the 9800.

First off, I've noticed very little difference other than losing a bunch of apps because developers don't support OS7. Second, the camera quality sucks!! The camera on the 9800 was clear and very sharp (almost too sharp). The images on the 9810 are usually badly lit, and the color is often way off. I use the camera a lot on my phones so this is a huge issue. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? If not, is there any point trying to get it repaired? I regularly do battery pulls and clear the memory,etc so I don't think it's a software issue. The photo save properly etc.

Help?

Contributor
My Device: BB Bold
My Carrier: Indosat

Re: 9810 Camera quality

try to back to the previous version of your blackberry
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

If you don't think it's a software issue then that leaves only hardware and there is nothing any of us can do here if it's a hardware problem.

Have you contacted your carrier about the problem?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9810, Playbook
My Carrier: telus

I just wondered if others had the same issue. If not, then I'd assume it's the actual phone. Could just be the camera is worse than the 9800. That phone died so there's no going back. So disappointing. I'm trying to hang on and support BB but they don't make it easy.

Highlighted
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

The camera on my 9810 works great and is just as good as on the 9800. Its possible something is wrong with yours. I'd suggest contacting your service provider.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!