Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telecom Italia

Re: 9810 Torch wallpaper keeps resetting to "Mellow.png"

Hi Dan,

So far so good. 4 days later and still no reset of the wallpaper on OS 7.0

The only problem is - SO PLEASE FIX THIS BLACKBERRY - you will lose the WiFi hotspot feature.

Hope 7.2 is out soon to solve this bug. Now I'm in two minds which is more annoying  Smiley Frustrated - that horrible Orange wallpaper, or not being able to quickly use the hotspot

Although I have a 3G internal WWAN card in the laptop, sometimes its easier to just switch on the hotspot (as I used to do on the Iphone) .

Anyway, thought I'd share my one-step-forward and two-steps back experience.

Cheers,

Kevin.

New Contributor
My Device: 9810 Torch
My Carrier: Mobily , Zain and Stc

Too sad man! 

I am though too fed-up with that,I m not ready to downgrade to os7.

Had to suffer with that stuppid yellow wallpaper...whats ur opinion regarding 9900, is it better in 9810

Whats ur battery backup and what kind of apps u use ( IF used lightly and heavily) how many hrs

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, not a good solution to be honest. Has been nice not to see the Bright Orange wallpaper for a whole week now, but in the end I'll probably go back to 7.1 to get the hotspot back.

Battery, 2 days, light usage (also have a spare). I'm just using the BB for phone and mail. Anything other than that I do on the Iphone. App support for BB just sucks. For me, they are 10 years apart in terms of usefulness/functionality.

• No Skype
  • No Google translate - I live by this app since I spend most of my time in countries where I don't speak the local lingo.
  • No decent sat/nav
  • No Native support for Chinese (which I need to show to cab drivers)

Negs for the Iphone

• ITUNES - the most annoying feature by far
  • No BBM (I never used this)
  • No Encryption (don;t work for MI5)
  • No spare battery - this is a pain

As soon as my company put back MDM (activesync), I'll bin the BB and just use the Iphone.

Ok, sorry to have deviated off the subject. I do like using the 9900, it has a very solid and quality feel to it. Nice keyboard (if it would stop adding . for fun just to annoy me).

Ok, rant over.

Cheers . Kev

New Contributor

Aha - the dreaded Orange screen is back - on V7.0, so it was a red herring, and not related to 7.1 after all Smiley Frustrated

I'll put 7.1 back now, and probably the phone will be stable for a few days like last time.

Over the weekend I'll research how to crack the OS image so that I can replace rhythm.png with my file with same size and characteristics.

I know it shouldn't be so important to get the wallpaper stable. And it's not. It's just that it p!sses me off,and is a constant reminder of all the other things that annoy me about having to use a blackberry Smiley Wink

Cheers,  Kev.

My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: orange

I'd given-up on the issue, but after installing a media card and selecting an image saved on there, the problem has resolved.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Well, I've cracked it.

After removing a load of alternative apps, I found the offending app.

Pretty sure it was Weather Trax.

Removed all weather apps to be on the safe side, and my wallpaper is rock solid. Has been the case for nearly 3 weeks.

One happy bunny!

Hope this helps others,

Dan