Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Bell

9810-- can't watch youtube via 3g/h+

[ Edited ]

I just upgraded my blackberry from Bold to 9810. I'm having problem watching youtube video on this new device via Bell's 3g/h+ network. It says IT policy does not permit rtsp for media streaming. But all other people in my company can watch youtube no problem via Bell's network. Only difference is everyone else has older Blackberry which use os 5 or os 6. I'm the only one who's got this 9810 with os 7 on it. I can watch youtube on this 9810 via wifi no problem. When using wifi the youtube link is http. When using 3g/h+, the link is rtsp.

Anyone knows why wifi and 3g use different protocol to stream video on youtube?  Does this have something to do with my 9810 or with Bell's network?

One more question: anyone knows how to allow rtsp in BES 5.0? I did some google search but didn't find any information.

Thanks for your help.

Update: I just checked on my co-worker's 9800 and it uses rtsp as well to watch youtube video. His works no problem and we are in the same IT policy. This is really strange. The only difference between his and mine is os 7 vs. os 6

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: 9810-- can't watch youtube via 3g/h+

I have a similar issue on my BB Bold 9780 since upgrading to the latest firmware.  You can see my post on the following link, still have no solution but please share if you find one:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/RTSP-Streaming-Broken/m-p/1253795/highlight/...

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone IT

Same here since the update of my 9700 from OS6.0.0.448 (that was fine) to current OS6.0.0.546

I am on both BIS and BES and no changes at all BES side so something must have changed this on the OS.

Any clue ?!??

Ciao

GIanni

Contributor

I am a technical analyst and have been working with my BES administrator in my office and we have not been able to resolve this issue other than rolling back the firmware.  I think the only resolution will be to roll back your firmware or wait for the next release from failberry firmware team.

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone IT

Hi again,

as expected falling back to previous firmware revision did solve the problem !

Ciao

Gianni

Contributor
My Device: 9700 Vodafone Brand
My Carrier: Vodafone Italy

Gianniberry9700 wrote:

Same here since the update of my 9700 from OS6.0.0.448 (that was fine) to current OS6.0.0.546

I am on both BIS and BES and no changes at all BES side so something must have changed this on the OS.

Any clue ?!??

Ciao

GIanni

Are you sure .448 was fine? In my case (BIS only) .448 and .546 Vodafone official, .600 leaked and .615 and .650 RIM official (but not Vodafone) cause my 9700 reboots itself just after a couple of seconds buffering.

On WiFi everything is working, and of course with os5 5.0.0.656.

I have other issues with os6 and Vodafone IT, but this is not the right post...

Ciao

Paolo

Contributor

I've currently rolled back to 6.0.863 on my 9780 to have my RTSP streaming work.  Also tried on the new Bold 9900 via someone at my office running OS 7.0 and streaming has been fixed.  Have my BES administrator contacting Blackberry support about this since they have an institution ID or something along those lines.  I will post their response.

Contributor
My Device: 9700 Vodafone Brand
My Carrier: Vodafone Italy

[ Edited ]

I tried with Official 6.0.0.448 and...youtube worked randomly, sometimes it plays videos, sometimes reboots the BB.

I noticed that it seems working well when you touch the trackpad and the video player commands are on the screen when the buffering starts. Crazy thing...

Ciao

Paolo