Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: MTN

9810: my media files just disappeared

My media files disappeared on the media home. I went to "explore" and "user"  and they are there but I can't access them normally. I can't play music or view my pictures or videos as they do not appear in the media home screen. The "user" folder is hidden and I can't unhide it...Please help

Visitor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Digicel

Re: 9810: my media files just disappeared

Hey there,

You need to connect your phone to a computer and enable the USB mode. Click on ur storage devices both internal & external & you will see some shortcuts to your original phone system folders. Delete all these shortcuts including a folder name "a8a" which holds the scripts that are preventing you from accessing your media files. After you have done this for both storage devices, remove your external media card from your phone.

Copy the entire "user" folder from your blackberry internal storage drive (e.g. F:\home\user) to a safe location. Then disconnect your blackberry phone from the PC and select "Options, Device the Storage. Select "Built-in Media Storage" then use the blackberry menu button to format the internal media storage. After the format is complete, reboot the blackberry, reconnect to your PC as USB device and copy from your PC the "user" folder back to it's original path replacing everything....and you're done!