Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: at & t 9810
My Carrier: mtn
Accepted Solution

9810 phone contacts not restoring from backup

my 9810 crashed yesterday and i installed a new os 7.1 but a day before it crashed, i did backup on ma pc thro the desktop manager. i've restored the backup but my contacts are not coming. i just managed to get back my bbm contacts but my phone numbers are not and text messages. what do i do?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: 9810 phone contacts not restoring from backup

Have you tried a selective restore of just those missing databases?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

yes i have attempted doing that but the first entry which is address book with 1300 entries is dimmed and the asterix down says it's read only and cannot be restored. what do i do. the box on it is dimmed and so i cant select it.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

That means it's setup for wireless sync with an account somewhere. Is this a work device?

If it's not a work device, go into the Address book and go into Settings and see if you can disable wireless sync and then see if you can restore the database.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

wow .... that worked like magic... got the phone contacts back... but i think a few known contacts are missing out... mostly the ones i re-added today but were also backed up earlier... and a third party app - crunch sms still isnt restored. also dimmed. what can i do there?
Contributor

and should i re-activate the wireless sinc?
Guru II

If you're syncing those contacts with an email account somewhere then sure. If not, then don't bother.

As for the CrunchSMS I don't know. I used it a little back in the day but never enough to worry about backing anything up.

Contributor

oh the contacts are not still coming into the fone although i have been able to select it now and clicked restore but it hasnt come into the phone
Contributor

the contacts didnt come in please. i went through the normal process but i just disconnected now to go thro my address book and it's not here...but i did the selective restore on it and it said it's been restored
Guru II

Do you have all the same email accounts setup on the device as before? Also, make sure you don't have any filters set in the contact list/Address book.