Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: vodacom

9810 problems

[ Edited ]

i started out with a Curve (2) then upgraded to a Bold (2) i love my bb's-i must confess I'm an addict (who isn't?).
i now have the Torch 9810 and i have never been so disappointed in my life!! Its giving me so much hassles i want to throw it against the wall. It freezes, it takes it time to open an app, disconnects from my carrier at will and stopped sending pics on bbm.
i hate this phone! If i could i would change to a Bold again, but unfortunately the contract is for 24 months (20 left).

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: 9810 problems

[ Edited ]

Ya bro, you r right, it's such a pain in the ***. Anyways since u have bought it bear it for some time then go for a replacement.

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

zeldawagenaar wrote:
i started out with a Curve (2) then upgraded to a Bold (2) i love my bb's-i must confess I'm an addict (who isn't?).
i now have the Torch 9810 and i have never been so disappointed in my life!! Its giving me so much hassles i want to throw it against the wall. It freezes, it takes it time to open an app, disconnects from my carrier at will and stopped sending pics on bbm.
i hate this phone! If i could i would change to a Bold again, but unfortunately the contract is for 24 months (20 left).

zelda, What is your Operating System loaded to your device? Look at Options > Device > About, third line down beginning with a "v.7.0.x.xxx", What is yours?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

My operating system: (v7.0.0.585, Platform 5.0.0.734)

I would very highly suggest that you upgrade to the latest v7.1 release for your BlackBerry. That will solve your problems.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thx for the suggestion. Do i have to take the phone in to my service provider for this to happen? If i just go to Option Device and Upgrades it says my BB has no upgrades. And if i must take it in to my serv prov i will loose all my info on my phone?!
New Contributor
My Carrier: UTS / Chippie / Curacao Dutch Caribbean

Hi, I tried to upgrade myself, what didn't work out. Just try, if not go to your provider. The upgrade really solves a lot of problems and gives your benefits like using your phone as a WiFi hotspot in case you or your company may need this.

I'm still checking in to the battery use, but as mentioned, the rest is solved and works smooth. Keep smiling, have a good weekend.

zeldawagenaar wrote:
 And if i must take it in to my serv prov i will loose all my info on my phone?!

You can do it yourself... very simple.

Install the BlackBerry Desktop software to your PC  I would recommend Desktop Software, version 7. Download it here:  https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

When you first connect the Desktop Software, if it prompts you to upgrade, cancel that and BACK UP FIRST!

Then return to the upgrade.

If you receive NO upgrade notice:

See the link below for the download, and follow these simple installation instructions.

First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion.

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

I am not having major problems with my Torch 9810, but wanted to look at the latest OS, since my v.7.0.0.583 is similar to what was described here for other problems.  You suggested upgrading to OS v7.1.  When I opened the townload site, the list of available versions (AT&T, North America), 7.0 bundle 2404  IS the latest available.  Did I miss something?

TIA

Thiis the latest file for the 9810:

9810jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel1672_PL5.1.0.401_A7.1.0.536_Redington__India__Limited.exe

You can download it from here: 

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=77305C2F862AD1D353F55BF38E5A5183

Device operating system releases are "released" by specific carriers once they have certified and trained their support techs, but still, you are able to load to any carrier's same model by following the instructions below.

Knowledge Base Updates