Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

9860 - Error 205 - Wont connect to desktop manager

Hello,

I have a 9860 that froze on me & rebooted, once it got past the black blackberry loading screen, it goes white and says Error 205 Reload Software.. Its on a constant loop of rebooting and this screen. i tried following the instructions giving on blackberry.com/205 however i cannot get my phone connected to the desktop manager. I tried taking this into Sasktel, but the guy behind the computer couldn't do anything with it, i think he was having this same problem because he told me to come home & do it instead. I have been trying to connect them for over an hour & I am getting very frustrated as nothing is working.. please help!

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: 9860 - Error 205 - Wont connect to desktop manager

Try using the steps located here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

In your case, you likely won't be able to back up your data, but if you had BlackBerry Protect up and running, at least some of your data should be safe.

If you can't get the Loader.exe file to connect at the second screen (where your PIN should appear), remove the battery and disconnect the phone from the computer. Then reconnect your phone (without the battery). As soon as your PIN or USB:UNKNOWN pops up in the box, press next. If you miss it, don't worry, just unplug the phone and plug it back in to trigger another reboot. Once you've gotten your computer to catch your phone, you can reinsert the battery and continue with the OS reload process.

I hope this helps get you back up and running!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

This isnt working..

When i plug the phone back into the computer without the battery, a pop up come up that says blackberry desktop software cannot connect to device. i then have the options to retry, update or close. When i click retry the pop up just comes back up again, when i hit update it tries checking for updates but a new popup immediately comes up that says there was an error updating your software, & a connection to the device could not be established.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Don't use the Desktop Software. Use the Loader.exe file from step 2 in the link I posted. You'll have to skip backing up your device as you can't do that, but the process should work using the Loader.exe file to reload the software.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

My Device: Black Berry Torch
My Carrier: Smart

This is also happening to me right now. Anyway, I will try fixing it and I hope I can fix it.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9810
My Carrier: Airtel

Same issue with my Blackberry torch 9810..... PLEASE help ! Its hyper irritating to just see the reload software screen and when u connect its not even getting connected.... then sudden reboot, doesnt get resetted ! PLZ help....

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9810
My Carrier: Airtel

It worked !!!!!!!!! ur amazing...... Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy