03-22-2014 07:06 PM
I currently have two problems, one lead me be forced to fix the other.
My first problem is that when I plug my phone into my desktop computer by usb it will charge, but when I go to do anything to by means of BlackBerry Desktop Software (in this case I need to reset my phone back to factory settings in hopes to solve my other problem- I would also like to do a backup before I lose everything) the program does not recognize that my device is plugged in. This has been going on for months now that it will not sync, I just haven't desperately needed to sync my phone until now.
My second problem is that my device will reboot itself whenever it pleases. It started doing this about a week ago while I was on vacation out of the continent. After rebooting itself at first it would search for network and as soon as it seemed to find any it would reboot itself again. More recently it will let me send a text or check twitter for a couple minutes before rebooting itself. It also seems to go in patterns, in the morning it will reboot itself back to back maybe 6-10 times, and then 2-3 times for the rest of the afternoon and then again around 630 for the past three days it will go into the constant reboot mode for a while (it is currently in one of those moods as I type). I have called into Bell (my service provider) and all the help I got was to try pulling the battery and sim card and wait a couple minutes. They then suggested that I go in and get my sim card replaced as sometimes when you change time zones the phone can struggle to tell when it has actually come back into Canada and it will reboot itself. Pulling the battery did not work so I went into the store today and they ran a health check and there was nothing wrong with it all updates had been performed and there was nothing physically wrong with the phone. When I explained what I was told on the phone, they informed me that my sim card should not be causing any of the problems and I had three options, pay to send my phone away to be fixed, take my phone home and reset it to factory standards, or pay to have them reset it to factory standards.
So here I am trying to sync my phone to my computer so I can reset it to factory settings so it will stop rebooting itself.
- I cannot sync my bb Torch 9860 to the BlackBerry Desktop Software (I want to not lose contacts and photos and voice notes etc when I reset my phone)
- My phone does random and constant reboots
- I was out of the continent when it started acting up
- I have tried pulling the battery
- I have tried pulling the sim card
- I have tried visiting my service provider
- I have tried calling my service provider
- I have searched this site and crackberry and all other sites like these for answers
- I can send and receive messages
- I was told to try resetting my phone to factory settings to fix the problem of rebooting, but I can't sync my phone to reset it (see my problem)
03-24-2014 11:09 AM