04-22-2014 06:46 AM
Hi everyone. So a few weeks ago my blackberry Torch 9860 started having difficulty switching on. The load bar, the white line you see when you switch on a blackberry phone, would only load about 70% and remain there indefinitely. I tried taking out the battery for a while and putting it back in but it wouldn’t help. It would not connect with blackberry desktop software(BBDS). So I searched online and decided its best I completely re-install my OS. I tried to wipe it with blackberry swiss knife(BBSK), but even it wouldn’t recognise that it was connected to my PC. So it tried with JL_Cmder utility. After several attempts JL_Cmder was able to pick it up, so I decided to wipe it without backing it up, I didn’t really care about the data. It was now able to be recognised by BBSK and BBDS, so I wiped it with BBSK for good measure. I downloaded OS 7.1, installed it and removed the vendor file as advised. BBSK displays “ No OS found, please install an OS for your phone “ when I press on load OS, but BBDS has OS 7.1 for 9860 on its installed blackberry device software list. I also tried using loader.exe but it didn’t work. With BBDS it gives me the option to update the OS but the download stops before it begins saying there is an error with my internet connection.
where did I go wrong, what should I do now?
I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700
04-24-2014 12:17 PM
Manual device OS upgrade instructions:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6
6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.
7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.
8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339
Enjoy the new OS.
BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.
BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V