Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: 9900 Bluetooth locking up phone when pairing with 2011 BMW

I guess I am ignorant on this point because I have only had GSM phones, but is there a difference between appropriate OS versions for CDMA and GSM phones?  Aren't the base functions of the OS applicable to all devices, and isn't the OS applicable to all 99xx hardware?

But if as you say, .540 does not work for your phone, then presumably the next CDMA release will solve the problem.  I just was in my car for a couple of hours and continue to have no problems with the Bluetooth connection, and since 7:45 am this morning (5 hours), my battery is only down 15% -- this is really promising.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

I experienced the same issue with my new 9900 Bold and new 2011 535.

I received a call from Budd's BMW in Oakville last week.  They told me that there is a software update that will address the issue.  The service guys at Budds want to try it out before installing it on customer's vehicles.

In the interim, they have disconnected the office feature on the blackberry and that allows the bluetooth to work well 95% of the time (not an ideal solution but it is a short term fix i can live with).

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Yes, there is an OS difference between GSM or CDMA. Not sure why, but it is what it is. I did try to download 540 and 539, but neither would take, for that reason.

I guess RIM figures those on CDMA networks to be second class citizens

New Contributor

I find that in general, I am more on top of the bugs and issues relating to the BMW Office Functions than they are.  I have had other minor issues on some of new technology and I am generally pointing them to issues and resources on the web.  In any event, it is clear to me that the issue is related to RIM, and I think that the MAP (Message Access Profile) is the culprit.  Keep in mind that MAP was jointly developed by RIM and BMW originally, so it explains why this issue of dropping connections seems isolated to BMWs (for the most part).  But, having a version that is stable suggests that the bug is fixable -- if only you can get your hands on a CDMA version of the software!! 

On a seperate note, I am puzzled as to why we all need to buy an app to get the calendar and tasks to sync with the car.  That Bluetooth Calendar Sync app available from the App store works fine, but we should not need another app.  My other criticism, in general, is that the time it takes to sync the e-mail with the car is slow.  Once synced, e-mails show immediately.  But generally, it takes about 10 minutes of driving for new mail to show up.  Not sure why!

My Carrier: Vodafone Australia

Hi. Did you ever find a fix for the bluetooth issues and the BMW? I am having the same problems, 

New Contributor
My Device: 9900

[ Edited ]

No.  They have not released the update for the 9900 for Aliant here in Prince Edward Island.  I think we are on CDMA.

Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

The latest update 540 does seem to fix the problems, I have updated my phone and I can now make calls, receive calls, view emails and messages via bluetooth in the my 530 without the phone locking up!

New Contributor
My Device: 9900

[ Edited ]

Thanks.  Did you do the update automatically from the desktop, or download an update?

Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

I downloaded the update from the Vodafone website, the update is now official.

New Contributor

Since I reported installing version 7.0.0.540, everything continues to work perfectly.  I suggest that anyone with a GSM BlackBerry running OS7 install this version -- not just because it fixes the integration with the 5 series, but because it is very stable and better life is much improved.