Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

9900 Bold switches my modem off when I try to connect using wifi

Sometmes when I want to use my home wifi, I try connect my Bold but the modem just randomely switches off. I know that it's the phone doing it because when I use my computer or gaming console nothing happens

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: 9900 Bold switches my modem off when I try to connect using wifi

[ Edited ]

I've never heard of that happening and I don't even see how it's possible, but I guess stranger things have happened.

On your phone's homescreen, go to Wi-Fi and delete your home Wi-Fi from your phone.  Once it's been deleted, I recommend removing your battery while your phone is powered on then replacing it.

Next, re-add your home Wi-Fi.  See if you're able to properly connect after that.

If that doesn't do the trick, try reloading your phone's OS by using BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Keep us posted on your progress.  Smiley Happy

EDIT:  I should have started by telling you to reboot your modem.  Do that first then try my other suggestions.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.