Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

9900 Handsfree Bluetooth Devices Unable to connect/disconnect calls and only one way voice

[ Edited ]

I just updated and configured my brand new Bold 9900 OS 7.0 Bundle 2406 for my Bluetooth devices and two of them that previously worked have issues. They pair perfectly but both devices are unable to connect a ringing call, disconnect a call in progress or initiate a phone call. If I answer or place a call from the phone, the Bluetooth device engages but the voice is only one direction. I have tried turning Encryption on & off under the device properties and no difference. I have verified the one Motorola device is listed as Compatible with my bold so what's up here?

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: 9900 Handsfree Bluetooth Devices Unable to connect/disconnect calls and only one way voice

So here is the resolution and why I am so angry that I will never recommend a RIM product to anyone I know.  I first purchased a Torch 9800 a little over a year ago and after6 months had to be sent back to RIM for a new slide. I was ultimately unhappy with that device due to freezing and difficulty with my big fingers on the keypad. I recently decided I wanted the Bold 9900 and advised my family that I was looking for one if they could keep an ear out. Well my loving brother bought me a brand new BOLD9900 as a gift. I was happy for less than 6 hrs. I first plugged in my new bold to BBDesktop software on my PC and was advised to upgrade the desktop software before proceeding. After the desktop software upgrade, I was advised to upgrade the phone software so obviously I did. After restoring my backup data from my old 9800, I was off to the races until my Bluetooth problems were identified. That was the major issue although I also found the fully changed battery drained within a 12hr period. So now look for support and end up with the above post. After calling my provider (Telus), they advised to return the defective hardware. Trying to the phone back to my brother to return to the dealer 100 miles away was not a very convenient option so I decided to try restoring the original software for *h*ts and giggles. PROBLEM SOLVED. The reason I am so angry is that when dealer support fails, RIM should offer some proper support. How many people are wasting hours of their time returning hardware for problems that should have known support solutions. If the current support system is too overwhelmed with problems to help individuals like myself then that pretty well identifies the real problem here. Too bad because I tried my best to be a loyal RIM customer.