Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 Touch
My Carrier: Orange

9900 - How do I stop these pictures saving from App World?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

New to these forums so please be patient Smiley Happy

I have a new BB 9900 Bold Touch and am slowly getting my way around it.  I have all my pictures on in my picture library.  I visited App World yesterday to download a few games, came out and thought I'd change my wallpaper picture on my phone.  Went into 'picture library' and found just under 500 images that I never saved to my phone!  Scrolling through them I recognised a few from the games I viewed and downloaded from App World.

I deleted them all (took me near on an hour Smiley Sad )  Went on there again today and a few are back again!

It seems my phone is automatically saving images ...... How do I stop this happening please?  Is it some kind of setting I have to change?  

See below for a preview of what my phone is saving....

Images my phone is saving in my picture library

Another picture

Contributor

Re: 9900 - How do I stop these pictures saving from App World?

Can anyone help me please?? Have I not explained the problem enough? Smiley Sad

Contributor

Can ANYONE help please???!! Or can someone point me in the direction of help. I can't believe no one can answer this!
Contributor

WOW, 1 week on and STILL no help! I thought these were help boards??? Can none of the big helpers help me, ANYONE ??!!
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: 02

Not sure if you can stop it from saving them but this should show you how to clear the appworld cache.  You need to be sure that you haven't archived any aps as you may lose them by doing this. You need to check which version of app world you have by looking  in options and then select application management, then follow the appropriate instructions.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB24714

Hope this helps

Highlighted
Contributor

Hey !

Thanks for your reply. I tried that link, did what it said but sadly it's still doing it and saved even more images. I can't go on App World without having to delete a ton of these images it's saved to my pictures. It's very annoying. I can't beleive nobody else has come across this or is this just a quirk with my phone?! I'm not happy if it is!
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: 02

Hi,

I think App World does this so that if you go back to look at the same thing twice it doesn't have to download the pictures again.  It's a nice idea as it can save you data if you have a small allowance etc, but it would be nice if you could turn it off.  It had saved 180 MB of pics and screen shots onto phone.

I haven't managed to find a way of stopping the pics from being saved, but have found a quicker way of deleting them.

Connect the Blackberry to a PC and select USB Drive mode.  Go to My Computer and you should see your Blackberry as an additional drive.  Open it and navigate to the folder called home, in this there should be folder called user, open this folder and you should find a folder called appworld, open this and there should be a folder called img and one called logs.  Open the img folder, you should see a load of image files and possibly a folder called screenshots.  All the image files in the img folder are the ones App World has saved, they can be deleted.  The screenshots folder will contain a folder for each app you looked at on app world, it saves the screen shots from the appworld blub into them, these folders can be deleted.  When you have finished, you should have an folder called img with an empty folder called screenshots in it.

Once you have done this once, it should be quite quick to do next time and will save you having to delete them on the phone which takes ages.

Hope this is useful, if I ever find out how to stop it saving the pics, I'll post something on this forum,