Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2 Germany
Accepted Solution

9900 No trackpad, no Apps

Hello everyone,

nearly 2 weeks ago I got my Bold 9900.

the first week everything was fine. But now I can not use the Trackpad th way I used to, the scrolling or navigating is not reacting altougth I hear the scrolling sound. the Blackberry World App that I installed 3 times already is not on the phone, and when I try to install it again I get the message that it is already on the phone.

An check with the self diagnosis test app as suggested was not possible, because that App was not on my phone either

I tried to reinstall the OS (All I found was version 7.0.0) but that does not solve the problems. An update to the advertised 7.1. is not possible via the desktop software because I get the message "No Update available", via the updatemanager on the phone it is not possible because of missing Wi-Fi.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: 9900 No trackpad, no Apps

Hello Ursusvandrao

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

I can see you're having three issue .. Trackpad , BlackBerry App World and unable to update your Device to the most recent OS version . 

You can try updating your OS which may help with your first and last issue , if desktop software is not offering you an update you can do it manually , So , do let us know if you want to try .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

I would love to try the Update.

but like I said, I dont have access to any WiFi, so the Update via the Updatemanager is not an option

Elite II

Hi there , 

Thanks ! To update manually all you need is a PC, an USB cable and an active Internet connection to download the OS pack fior your device model . If you have it please try those steps :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click  on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

• Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.

4.Search your C: Drive for any Vendor.xml files and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders  :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop

Software.

To Install BlackBerry App World use you BlackBerry browser and browse to www.blackberry.com/appworld/download and download the most recent version , if you feel any issue with it then let us know.

Good luck.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

there the trouble begins. my service provider (O2 Germany) is not in the list, I guess it is because I bought an unbranded device
Elite II

Hi there,

No problem in that ! You can choose any Carrier's OS pack but if you do so then all you have to do is delete a few VENDOR. XML files from your PC, location to those you can find on my previous post. Just be sure to download for the same device model which you have .

Let us know if you feel any issue.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

So far, the updating had worked. but the problem with the Trackpad is still there.

Right now I am downloading and installing the BB World App. I get the message that this app with this version is allready installed. I replace it now with the "new" installation

edit: and it work again.

only the Trackpad-Issue is not solved

Contributor

I did run a test with the BB Virtual Expert just now.

Only fail was the Lock-button on the top.

the trackpad worked fine in the test, but the scrolling-funktion in e.g. the mails, sms or documents does not work

Elite II

Hi there,

Have you tried a Battery pull reboot yet ! Please do it by removing the battery while your device is Powered On wait for a min. then reinsert it back , after reboot please check again.

Contributor

I am sorry, but that doesn't work either Smiley Sad