Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

9900 WiFi problem

Hi there, my 9900 Touch will sometimes

connect to my home Wifi and shows on the operator page.

It will sometimes connect but most of the time will not. When it does it will for a few minutes then disconnect and grey out.

This happens on my home Netgear and work X serve. 

I have tried the highest security setting on the router, WPA2, and tried all channels. Same problem. BIS is set up on my account and everything works fine using the mobile network.

It is just the Wifi that is the problem.

I have tried every conceivable fix that I have found online so far, but it is still the same problem.

Anyone on here have any ideas on this one?

Thanks.

Ewan

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange - Ufone

Re: 9900 WiFi problem

I am having a same problem. Did you get any solution for it
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9550
My Carrier: Digicel

Same here and we are not alone. check this thread from CB: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-bold-9930-9900-f235/wifi-range-642006/

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

What kind of routers are you using? The 9900 has dual channel wifi and for some reason, some routers don't play nice with dual channel wifi devices (and vice versa - some single channel devices don't connect well with dual channel routers).

If you can, try turning off the 5.0 GHz channel on your phone, then reboot both the phone and the router. Does that help?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

@krypto I don't see any option on the fone to turn off the 5.0 channel. How do I go about doing it?
Elite I

Ok, after doing some research and checking out a 9900 in store, it doesn't look like the option is easily accessible (there is a way, but its also a great way to end up with a paper weight if you don't know what you're doing, so we'll skip that).

Again though, what routers do you guys have? And can you make sure you have the most recent firmware for the router installed?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

I have a d-link dir- 600.
New Contributor

I'm not certain if there is any firmware required with router. I jus attach it then access it via the web to set it up. Also I doubt the issue is with the router since my other 2 BBs work just fine. Only the 9900 have issues with the range.
Elite I

Ok, it actually could be the router. The DIR-600 is based off of draft-N technology, which can play mean with some Wireless N capable devices, especially the dual channel devices like the BlackBerry Bold 9900.

That said, there is new firmware that seems to have been updated this past March which may help. This is from the Dlink UK site, but you should be able to access the router firmware downloads from your country site as well:

http://www.dlink.co.uk/cs/Satellite?c=TechSupport_C&childpagename=DLinkEurope-GB%2FDLTechProduct&cid...

Anyhow, I hope that might help.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Etisalat

I have got BB9900 and Aztech RGW also experiencing wifi problem.