Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Loop Mobile

9900 auto restart problem

Hi, 

i am having a real problem!!

i purchased a bold 9900 2 months ago, within the 1st week itself my device auto restarts when im on a call randomly(frequency 3 out of 10 calls on an average).

i tried securing the battery by putting a folded piece of paper between the battery and the battery cover, i tried a new sim card, i have given the device to the authorised service center 4 times and i still face the same problem and its really frustrating when im on a call and the call gets disconnected due to the device restarting.

Please help !!

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: 6102037427

Re: 9900 auto restart problem

I have a similar problem with the bold 9700. Glad to know that's it's their issue and not mine. 

New Contributor
My Carrier: Etisalat

I have been experiencing similar problems for the 6 weeks. Last week the problem became very acute (auto-reboots were occuring randomely multiple times every day). I then took a chance (not sure why!) and REPLACED the battery (with a new one). Problem seems to have disappeared !! Have now had uninterrupted (reboot-free) operations for 96 hours.

My Carrier: Aitel

i have updated by BB Bold with latest software updated i.e. 7.1 new bundle. soon after it, it is restarting in every 5-10 minutes.

I have given my phone to service center, they returned it after 12 days but the problem still persists. It is really a bad experience and m so frustated. do i will again have to leave with a phone for more 2 weeks. Real shame. Can some one help me about the autrestart problem

New Contributor
My Carrier: Etisalat

My BB9900 is still working fine. Its now 120 hours since I replaced the BATTERY, and I have NOT had one instance of RE-BOOT.

Not sure what the EXPLANATION is, but REPLACING the BATTERY seems to have RESOLVED the RE-BOOT problem.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: Loop Mobile

I submitted the device about 4 times and now i requested for  a replacement, its a real shame after paying so much for a phone and it has such a silly problem. I hope BB is looking at this problem and will resolve or find a fix to the issues we all have..as soon as i get my phone i will update if the problem is resolved or no..frankly fed up with the phone, coz since i bot it, its been more with the service center than with me.