Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

9900 battery is drained even when phone is off

Ok...battery problem for my new 9900 (bought 3 days ago)....it lasts somewhat one day or less. But the most annoying issue is that my battery is drained even when i switch off my phone.

Last night when i switched off the phone, the battery level was at 85%...next morning it was drained to zero!!!!

I really cannot understand how the battery is drained without consuming any energy....where is this energy consumed when the phone is closed?

Any suggestions (except of getting a new battery)?

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: 9900 battery is drained even when phone is off

Hello tasos-enerdia,

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Please try this

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-Functions-and/10-Top-Blackberry-Battery-Sa...

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2009/11/power-saving-tips-for-your-blackberry-smartphone/#A141

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello josuefunes,

I am an old bb user (9700) so I am aware of most of those tips.

Thanks for your answer anyway BUT you most probably have n't understood the issue:

The battery is even drained WHEN the phone is OFF.

For instance, last night the battery level was 85%.

I switched the phone OFF as I ussually do before going to sleep.

Today morning the battery was DEAD....0%....needed to charge the phone in order to switch it ON.

Elite I
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Is this a second hand BlackBerry with a used battery?  Or is the battery relatively new?

A battery can show different symptoms depending on how it is failing.   It may be the battery is showing that it takes a charge, but it is shorting internally and thus the charge drops off even when there is no load.

If you acquired the device with a used battery in it, I would replace the battery.   Try and test with a borrowed battery first.   Another idea for a test is to charge the battery, take it out of the device and leave it out overnight, then place in the device in the morning and check.  If the battery isn't bad, then I would say there is a fault in the device. 

- Ira
New Contributor

Thanks Ira,

I will definetely try your advice.

It is quite strange to me how a battery is drained under no load.

In fact the device is new. I bought by a store a couple of days ago, but i would n't be very surprised if they had used the phone for excibition purposes and had the battery used.