Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

9900 bold freeze after 10 sec. of running

[ Edited ]

after my bb bold 9900 been at mentinance for over a month for a white screen problem and after i funlly got it and it was running smoothly 

but after i restored my data from a backup file and updated my app world it restarted and it operates for only 10 sec. and freezes

any one know how fix knowing that i tried restarting it in safe mode and yet it freezes after 10 sec. exactly

i was able to solve this problem by removing app world through the blackberry desctop manager 

but yet i need the app world any one faced this problem?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10 (10.3.2.2876), 9860 (7.1), Samsung S4
My Carrier: Indosat

Re: 9900 bold freeze after 10 sec. of running

Hi arch

Since the problem arise after you restore, the backup data seems corrupted and makes your phone freeze. I'd suggest to wipe your phone and do not restore your backup. You can sync your phone Contacts to Windows Contact or MS Outlook and transfer them back to your phone later. Also you can reinstall your apps from BB World, My World.

Good luck and let us know the result.

Click like.jpgto thanks those who help you • If your issue solved, mark the best post in your thread as Solution message_type_solution1.gif

Self Support: Knowledge Base & Manuals

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: 9900 bold freeze after 10 sec. of running

i restarted the phone while its connected to desctop manager and got to applications and removed the app world

after this the phone worked probably