Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

9900 charging pod

I recently bought a BB charging pod for my new 9900.  When I sit the phone into the pod, nothing happens.  It doesn't start charging, the display doesn't change, nothing.  It acts as if it has no idea that it was placed into the pod.

Here's what I've done so far -

1) Ordered a second charging pod to ensure it was the pod's issue.

2) Plugged the pod into a computer's USB, into an AC charger, used several different outlets.

3) Rebooted the phone with a battery pull

4) Reinstalled the OS to ensure there wasn't an app issue.

The standard charging port works just fine, but I really want the convenience of using a pod.  Any one else encountering the same issue or have any advice?

T-Mobile's support has been no help as they claim that since the phone will charge using the port, that they can't help with a 3rd party accessory - even thought it's a BB accessory sold specifically for use with this phone.

GSH

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: 9900 charging pod

on my 9700 it didnto work well unitl I took a pencil eraser to the phone contacts to clean off the polished metal. Appears it was not making contact until cleaned.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I'll give this a try.  It would be odd as both the 9900 and pod are both new, but stranger things have proven to be solutions!

I'll update the thread when I have a chance to give this a go.

New Contributor

No such luck.  Tried both pods, still no response from the Bold.  According to the user manual, the phone should recognize that it has been placed in the pod so you can set up a specific profile for that pod/dock.  Or am i misreading that functionality?

So, problem still exists.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

It could be the phone and not the pod.

know anyone else with your model to test your pods with?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Unfortunately, I do not.  When I contacted T-Mobile, they insist that the warranty wouldn't cover this issue as the phone will charge just fine thru the USB connection.

I'm getting a bit frustrated as I've argued with them that it should be convered under warranty, but I can't find a way to speak with Blackberry directly about the issue.

Any other ideas? 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Bumping this to see if anyone else has ideas.