Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 9900 constantly rebooting after landing in another country

Ah ok. Yea I know what you mean, I've been traveling and had to pay some outrageous price for the convenience of having it at that moment.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

I am really having no luck with my 9900 - a great phone however, when it works!

Yea, I agree.

But these problems from the beginning of this thread are more network related than hardware related.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

.....but it had been working for months before these problems started happening ( I got the 9900 around June) and travelled extensively (100 nights in Sheratons to give you an idea this year) and no issues on 3G until I hit New York a month ago.

Contributor

mmmm, got the iphone 5, let us get to this beast later.  I returned from Jordan, and yes, now 3G works.  I immediately registered the fault with the battery with my local Vodafone shop, and 48 hours later, I got a replacement (phone)- and 49 hours later, it is on strike, yes the new one, with now 3 batteries (one I cant find) but my 9900 is showing me the bird, I have tried 2 batteries, 3 cables, 2 chargers and a original car charger, for the past 12 hour not a dicky-bird out of my bbry - dead, ceased to be, an ex-smart phone - NOT EVEN USEFUL AS A PAPER WEIGHT CAUSE IT IS TOO LIGHT!  What a shame, as during the 49 hours (save the time I slept, etc) I was able to compare the phones.  The Apple was equally as easy to get my 5 email accounts syncd, phone book not quite as easy, the issue with phone number in emails is just as bad (Why cant US Americans put the darn +1 in front of there phone number, xenophobic??) I got my company email working rather easy on the Iphone, no easier than BIS, but...... with BIS I have access to my company address book (5k staff, so useful) have not found this with the Iphone yet - I phone is working, a bonus, had to kick it to see my cars (blue tooth) after 50 hours still working, but to be honest, really honest, give me my Bold anyday!  (but the iphone works after 50 hours) even though the battery only lasts 12 hours from fully charged, with only 3G and BTooth working.  I am keeping hold of my RIM 9900, in the hope it wakes up, and, as when I was in Jordan and took an old Nokia with me to use in case the3 9900 went on strike, I will keep the IPhone for those days when my 9900 simply will not start......the story may continue!

Contributor

help again

HI, I found a 3rd battery, inserted into my Bold and it booted, but charging is not working, I have connected to 2 computers via USB, and on both computers did a back up (cable is obv working) I have tried 3 chargers, 3 various cables, and on all, it charges for a few seconds, then what appears to be the letters C B appear inside the battery icon, and the battery is obviosly not charging>???????

Re: help again

hanna, these letters "C B" appear on the homescreen upper left ON the battery icon?

Could you post a screen shot of that?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

.....the battery ran out before I could send myself an email....the battery is charging for abojut 15 seconds after connecting to my PC, now i have 3 batteries, all empty....no clue what to do now... Unable to charge from car charger, 3 other normal mains chargers or from a PC.  This baby is so new it still have the protectors on....less than 1 week old

You could get one of the inexpensive battery chargers.

This is for a 9900 battery?

http://www.amazon.com/Aftermarket-Product-Battery-BlackBerry-Replacement/dp/B006N4OF9O/ref=pd_sim_cp...

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

I believe my chargers are good, as they are charging other phones....my car charger is orginal BBRY and charged wonderfully before the 9900 went on strike.