06-29-2013 05:40 PM
This topic has cropped up a couple of time, especially on older BlackBerry models. I experienced it with a 9700 a couple of years ago.
When headphones are inserted for media or phone calls, the handset rapidly switches between headphone and handset audio output. The phone is a *brand new* replacement for a handset on which the USB charging socket failed within only three months; a pretty awful quality control issue considering handsets are meant to last for two years these days, that being the minimum contract you can aquire them on.
Thus far, I have:
1) Reset the phone with a battery pull.
2) Blown out the headphone socket with compressed air.
3) Uninstalled all BlackBerry official Beta (BBM, Navigator, Twitter)
4) Security wipe, to remove all changes I have made to the handset and all third-party applications, returning it to the condition in which it was supplied.
5) Flashed the handset and installed the most recent 7.1 release I could find, from Vodafone DE.
As these haven't made any difference, I am going to put the original firmware back onto the handset and return it to Telefonica O2 UK, after only one day of having it. I am dreading the 14-21 day wait for a replacement, as last time they refused to give me a loan handset.
If there is anything else I should try before I take it back to the store, I would be grateful for any advice.
06-30-2013 08:28 AM
06-30-2013 02:55 PM