Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

9900 internal storage memory problems

I've recently bought my 9900 and have only downloaded about 7 apps, however I often get a message saying my internal memory is low and I need to delete some languages to free some space. Whenever this message comes up my phone right side very slow, when I try to open a app or file it takes very long and mybphone freezes for a while. If I do a battery pull my phone runs properly for a day or so, until I'm greeted by the same low memory message. I've got no memory card and only a handful of media files. Any help would be appreciated! Cheers...

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: 9900 internal storage memory problems

Hi kazi93,

Welcome to the Support Community!

Please have a look at the second section of this KB article under Maximizing Free Memory for some steps to maximize the amount of available free memory on your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone. "How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone" http://bbry.lv/GHUfiB

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Carrier: du

its already been 3days that i am unable to use my phone (blackberry bold 9900) . it doesnt boot up successfully. I think it has something to do with the built-in memory. I got an error message that the built-in memory can not be accessed due to detected errors. 

I have not used the built-in memory and haven't stored anything on it. I find it weird that while i dont have anything on it, its caused me a seriuos problem.

I have tried to repair the built-in memory several times and then finally, 3 days ago my phone hanged and when i tried to pull the battery out and put it back, it won't boot up. the boot-up line indicator will only reach pass half-way and thats it, dead end. it wont boot successfully.

I have tried to "repair" it through desktop manager without success. i tried to "update" it as well and ended up updating 4 version of OS 7's but it doesn't solve my problem. 

at times it will open but only for a good 2mins or so.. then it froze and i have to pull the battery out again. putting it back would bring me back to the same dead end of booting up without success. 

finally it booted up and did "format" built-in memory (ticked/unticked - save cluster etc) but it only froze. and have to restart the phone again. its frustrating. 

When the phone successfully opened, i did "security wipe" but it was not successful and it just made my phone restarted without success.

Hope you can teach/tell me what to do on how can i resolve this dilema. I trust that this support forum can help me with my phone problem. 

i would appreciate it if anyone can help me with the above. =)

My Carrier: Digicel Jamaica

[ Edited ]

its already been 3days that i am unable to use my phone (blackberry bold 9900) . it doesnt boot up successfully. I think it has something to do with the built-in memory. I got an error message that the built-in memory can not be accessed due to detected errors. 

I have not used the built-in memory and haven't stored anything on it. I find it weird that while i dont have anything on it, its caused me a seriuos problem.

I have tried to repair the built-in memory several times and then finally, 3 days ago my phone hanged and when i tried to pull the battery out and put it back, it won't boot up. the boot-up line indicator will only reach pass half-way and thats it, dead end. it wont boot successfully.

I have tried to "repair" it through desktop manager without success. i tried to "update" it as well and ended up updating 4 version of OS 7's but it doesn't solve my problem. 

at times it will open but only for a good 2mins or so.. then it froze and i have to pull the battery out again. putting it back would bring me back to the same dead end of booting up without success. 

finally it booted up and did "format" built-in memory (ticked/unticked - save cluster etc) but it only froze. and have to restart the phone again. its frustrating. 

When the phone successfully opened, i did "security wipe" but it was not successful and it just made my phone restarted without success.

Hope you can teach/tell me what to do on how can i resolve this dilema. I trust that this support forum can help me with my phone problem. 

i would appreciate it if anyone can help me with the above. =)

DID YOU FIND A SOLUTION FOR THIS??? I HAVE THE SAME #EXACT PROBLEM....

My Carrier: Movistar Vebezuela

Tengo un Bold 9900 con un poco mas de un año de comprado NUEVO en Movistar VEnezuela. de un tiempo para aca, aleatoriamente se queda congelada la pantalla y me toca sacar la pila para poder reiniciarlo. Al reiniciar, la barra de carga se queda parada en un 75% y de ahi no pasa. Lo reparo haciendo un Nuke, Wipe e instalando el Fast instaler para el 9900. Queda como nuevo, pero al cabo de 1 dia o 2, ,me pasa lo mismo y de nuevo el mismo ciclo. Este celular lo he cuidado mucho, ya que fue una fuerte inversion de dinero. Soyusuario de Blackberry desde que salio el 8330, luego el Bolb 1, Bold 2, Bold 4 y finalmente este Bold 5 que me parece el peor que he tenido y que se daño sin ningun motivo. Solo la mala calidad de los ultimos dispositivos sacados por Blackberry. Estoy muy desepcionado. Espero que pueda conseguir una solucion y no perder este dinero que MAL-inverti en este Pésimo CELULAR 9900. Por cierto, soy Ingeniero Electrónico mencion telecomunicaciones.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: .
My Carrier: .

Hola y gracias por participar en el foro,

Para tu comodidad, BlackBerry tiene su propio foro comunitario en español.

Aquí tienes el enlace para el foro: http://foros.blackberry.com/t5/Foros-de-Soporte-General/ct-p/bscf_es

Muchas gracias!

Jakoby4204                                                                                                 New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png  AS3.png   CG2.png