Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Telus

9900 issues calendar appointments

I have the bb 9900. I plugged it into my dell laptop as usually, it did its weekly back up. 

I proceeded to do a "sync"  and it stated (delete 400 calender items) I then cancelled the "sync" as i did not want to lose the calender items in either place (Outlook or bb9900)

the items are still showing in my Outlook but have been removed from the bb 9900.

In the options menu in the bb 9900 state keep "forever" 

Can anyone shine some light on this for me.

Thanks for the help 

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: 9900 issues calendar appointments

Hello becker1975

Welcome to the forums. 

Have a look at the following article which should help you out with your issue. 

BlackBerry Desktop Software prompts to delete a high number of calendar entries during a wired synch...

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: at&t

Re: 9900 issues calendar appointments

I don't know if that helped Becker 1975, but it doesn't work for me.  Sync wants to delete thousands of old calendar entries on my desktop..  The reason seems to be that Desktop 7 changed my sync options when it installed.  In Desktop 6, the calendar sync range was set for all future and one week past.  That option seems not to be available in Desktop 7.  I now must sync only future appointments.  The effect of that is that I can not use the handheld to enter appointments in the near term, because the record of them will be lost on sync.

This cripples the Blackberry calendar function to the point that I am forced to find a non-Blackberry replacement.