Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

9900 issues

I was excited to get the 9900 and was very happy with it until I wasn't able to change my ringtone or alarms. I took it back to the store and they exchanged it for me. I've had my 2nd 9900 for about 2 weeks and I am having the same problems again in addition to the screen freezing up, taking forever to reboot after a battery pull and it is becoming a real nusense. I have ALWAYS used blackberry but I am about fed up and ready to exchange my 9900 for an android or maybe even the iPhone

Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: 9900 issues

i am absolutely certain they didnt bother to test the 9900.  I bought one from rogers about 2 weeks ago and it has been a disaster of an experience.  with as many problems as the 9900 has, one can absolutetly with certainty say that they should have discovered at least some of the major flaws of the device.  They are using us to test an absolutely crappy product that isnt ready for production. 

Sure, i am told faster CPU.   Sure, yes, there are a bunch of exciting features.  But unfortunately because of the battery problems i have had to strip the phone down to basic email and phone to make it work for a complete business day.   

It is really enfuriating to have users who spend big dollars on the phone to be the testing team.   That is absolute **bleep** and will make RIM fail as a company.