Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: Elit Electronics

9900 not turning on, Red LED, JVM Error

I bought 9900 7 months ago and phone has 3 years warranty. After ı used phone 4 months, One night, before sleeping, I plugged it to charger and went to sleep. Morning my mobile was dead. I took out the battery and the reput it. only red indicator was blinking.

- I tried to reinstall BBOS 7 but phone was not connecting to desktop software.

- I tried bbsak it also couldnt connect

- I tried to install OS with application ( after deleting vendor.xml file) loader, but when it comes to middle it gives " JVM couldnt be loaded " 

Then I putted it into its box and went to warranty service. Warranty service took it for a week. Then they called me and said,

- You have your phone dropped and thats why your phones "mainboard" and "processor" has been damaged. So, it will cost 50 dollars for fix.

I said,

+ I didint drop the phone and there isnt anything visually damaged on the phone(It is same as new phone), On

the other hand phone has warranty, so why should ı pay 50 dollars? 

- because you have dropped your phone and it makes it out of warranty.

Then I gave 50 dollars and waited for a week. while waiting I realized something. what kind of "mainboard and processor cost 50 dollars? Isnt it very cheap? even impossible.

anyway they called me and said that " we couldnt repair your phone and your phone is dead !!!"

Now, I really dont know what to do, and dont want to live it like that. Somehow I have to access to blackberry or

RIM and explain my situation.

BUT HOW? I live in Georgia, I am Turkish and there is no official blackberry service in this country, So What can

I do ? Please Help

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 9900 not turning on, Red LED, JVM Error

A device 7 months old is in warranty. They can't prove you dropped your BlackBerry, as there is no physical damage, right? You need to CALL the tech support and ask for the issue to be escalated to RIM level tech support.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

I went to tech support but they still not escalating it to RIM level. They are laughing at me. It is very humiliating. I dont have any chance I think. Phone is going to garbage.  I never buy blackberry again and never advice.

I bought it because of QWERTY, nice design and because of it is "blackberry", I mean it is big company and its products will be tough. But now I see it is not and doesnt have any difference from other phones. My next phone is going to be Iphone 4s, Apple has here official apple store and official tech support. One more thing, I saw too many blackberry users that are not happy with their phone and buying apple but ı have never seen any person that is not happy with iphone and buying blackberry. For example My father and brother. Now I understood the reason but it coasted a pretty penny.

Anyway, Thanx for your considiration JSanders Smiley Happy Good Luck 

Don't throw away the 9900 just yet please. I might be able to help you past that JVM error if you're willing and have a PC?
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Of course I am willing and have a PC. I will be greatfull if you so. I am waiting your post

Do you recall the JVM error number you were getting or can recreate it to get the number again?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Now I dont have my 9900 with me, tomorrow ı will have it and again try to load blackberry OS and instal.

While doing that,

- I will take photos of 9900 and numerize each of them name file as "9900 photos",

- I will make for Prnt Scrn for each step and numerize each of them and name files as "Prnt screen Photos"

- I will record my PC screen and  name file as "PC screen record",

- I will record a video of phone and  name file as "Phone response record".

Then I will create Rar file and upload it to dropbox or googledrive or hotfile or etc. Then ı will write here link. 

So you can see red blinking Led, see screen icons and see other responses of phone to my operations. You can tell in which steps what should ı do. You can use "no" of numirized photos . 

Thanx again

Contributor

I recorded my phone and uploaded it on youtube, Here is the Link : 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le5YAxdn92U&list=HL1345813644&feature=mh_lolz

Video quality is not very good, I took pictures of some important parts, Here is the dropbox link :

www.dropbox.com/sh/cg806ytlitgqej7/wBwLUB4II_

JSanders wrote:
Do you recall the JVM error number you were getting or can recreate it to get the number again?

That?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

sorry but ı really dont understand what do you mean, I dont know how to recall JVM error number. Before I gave my phone to tech support, I tried to install system software with apploader. While installation it was giving error message something like "JVM load failed" or "JVM can not be installed". But now, when ı am trying to install system software, setup wizard doesnt even shows system software on application selection(You can see it on my uploaded youtube video between 22:30-23-30)