Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9900 bold
My Carrier: three

9900 problem

Hi when trying to restore bbm contacts via email it doesn't work however this email is my blackberry default email?

Also is there anyway else of restoring contacts as my computer hard drive has been wiped!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: 9900 problem

Did you save your BBM contacts directly to your BB device? If so, you can restore them directly from the BB device. You can go to BBM >Options and click on Backup under Backup Management. Be sure and select "locally." I usually do both remotely and locally just in case one or the other doesn't work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Hi I did but then I backed up on my computer as the phone had a software issue
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

So, the backup file is gone? You didn't backup to the media card? Always backup to the media card so that you don't lose it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

It says my email address is not linked to any blackberry account ?

When this is the email I have registered as my blackberry I'd 

New Contributor

Will do in future. Is there no way of making this recovery as I am certain I have backed it up via my email address
Guru II

You have to link your email address through BBM in order to make remote backups through it.

I was asking if you had a local backup made that was stored on your media card.

Guru II

9900samuk1 wrote:
Will do in future. Is there no way of making this recovery as I am certain I have backed it up via my email address

You probably did but I have noticed that I have to re-link the email when I reload the OS on the device.  You can try linking it up again through BBM and then see if you can restore through it.  That's why the media card local backup is the best bet.  I know that doesn't help you now but you might try a restore using the device or the media card in case there is a backup saved there.

New Contributor

Hi I have a email from blackberry messenger dating back a few months ago which confirms I have registered it yet on my devicE it says It's not linked
Guru II

That's because of the OS reload. You might try linking it again and then see if you can restore using it.