Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: sangeeta
Accepted Solution

9900 replacement

heyy my 9900 recently went for repair and i was told tht the mother board is damaged so they will be replacing the phone cuz its under warantee !! i wanted to knw if they cn replace the phne wd a z10 cuz it costs the same in fact 2000 inr lesser infact ?? is tht possible ?
New Contributor

Re: 9900 replacement

i knww m being greedyyy ;p bt just hopefully to gt a new phne thts it
Super Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

Hi Swathi... 

Hope you are from India.. Replacing the BB9900 with Z10 is not a bad option but it seems to me that the Carriers in India still not introduced the BlackBerry 10 packages except BSNL. 

Thanks.. 

Please update the result after applied..

Thanks
New Contributor

i use idea !! n yes m from india !! i got the device normally its nt a carrier device !!! sooo in tht case is it possible fr the service centre to replace it wd z10?
Super Contributor

I dont think the Device will be replaced with the other model where ever you buy..

As i said that for the BlackBerry devices there will be a plan for get subscribed  for BBM, Browsing & Email Accounts configuration.. as for the Devices running the OS 7 ( till BB9900) there is a BB package for all the devices from all the Carriers.. But for the Z10 Q10 Q5 (running OS10 devices) still nobody introduced the BlackBerry Package for it except BSNL & Airtel. Please follow the below link.. 

http://www.bbin.in/en/2013/03/13/bsnl-airtel-launches-special-data-plans-blackberry-z10/

Thanks..

Thanks
New Contributor

thnksSmiley Happy) if u guys can contact the employees of blackberry pls ask thm y being bb users we hve to pay so much fr bbm services whn iphone and android cn get it for free i dnt c hw tht is fair !!! i mean id rather gt an android or an iphne cuz i cn gt bbm frm free n many more services as well!
Super Contributor

BlackBerry has its own network infrastructure.. so need to subsribe the BB dataplan not same as the other Devices running the Android or iOS devices.. so might be its costly.. 

Thanks