12-19-2012 01:36 PM
can anyone help me, an icon appeared on my screen to upgrade my phone which ive done once before.
it started to back up my data but has froze on 7% since 10am yesterday, does anyone know whats happened?
all its says on my screen is 'backing up your data' then 2 bars
one saying social feeds and below overall back up progress which is stuck on 7%
any help will be appreciated
12-19-2012 01:51 PM
12-19-2012 02:00 PM
It wouldn't hurt to give your carrier a call and see what they can do for you. At the very least it will log the issue and the more often they see it happen the sooner a fix will be implemented. Regardless, here is how to wipe the device and reload the OS from scratch. Again, your data will be lost if you don't already have a backup.
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use (usually the newest version is best.)
2. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
3. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:
On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
4. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (your data will be lost during this step) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) proceed to next step.
5. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader