Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: 6472375976

9900 stuck on boot screen

[ Edited ]

Friday Feb. 22 about 930 or so I woke up check my phone like any other day reply to some messages then saw an update for app world so I update after installation reset as normal bb stuck on boot screen right over the back button no problem gave it sum time still nothing waited an hour still nothing pull the battery multiple times still nothing it has been 24hrs i  have no phone tried updating threw desktop manager does the reboot and stops same place getting frustrated because its inconveniencing me this will make me leave bb so please help

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: 9900 stuck on boot screen

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases, then try removing (while in Safe Mode) AppWorld. Then see if you can install it fresh.

If the behavior continues, more drastic steps may be needed.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

nope nothing........

is there a way i can jus wipe everything and start ovrer

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Hmmm...sorry, but from that brief response, I can deduce nothing. Did it not get into Safe Mode? Did removing AppWorld while in Safe Mode not help? Something else?

In any event, if you want to try a wipe, then there are a few ways to try:

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

it does the updating installs but wen it does the reboot saying connecting to device it still stops in the same place over the bac button then gives me the option to retry or cancel Smiley Sad

Hall of Famer III

And, at that point, if you disconnect and then reconnect your BB from the USB cord, does that perhaps get it to continue?

New Contributor

tried that still nothing i believe there is no os on it now i try using loader.exe nothing and bbsak still nothing

Hall of Famer III

Ummmm...OK...I think I understand that.

You also might try using "LOADER.EXE /nojvm"...sometimes that can work.

New Contributor

well did all that and still nothing still stuck on boot screen everytime it resets

Hall of Famer III

What about the BBSAK wipe? Sometimes that can bring a device back, as it truly cleanses it of everything, forcing a clean OS reload.

Failing all of this, I'm running out of ideas you can try on your own. Your next step would be formal support...if you have warranty, you'd seek help under those terms. Otherwise, you'd seek out a local (to you) shop with a qualified BB technician and pay them to take a look at it and see if they can get it going.

Good luck!