Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: MTS

9900 sudden massive battery drain problem

I have a problem of sudden and massive battery drain when the phone is idle for which I can't find an answer. first off, currently i have .746 version, that is an updated one from .614 (I think) there are no third party apps, did a clean ugdate, killed all non mandatory apps. 3g is switched off (thought that maybe I am too far away from cell tower) all data connections are switched off (tried to rule some anonymous data collection as a possible culprit) bought a new battery (originsl one, to eliminate the old one as possible cause) even deleted bbm (to rule out connection attemps while the data is switched off) basically, the phone went from smart to dumb. there are no known replications of this issue except: I noticed that in the upper left corner when next to the signal strenght it says GSM (in capital letters), I am experiencing battery drain. the only thing that helps is to go and turn on the data connection, then to disable it, and when it readse edge (small letters) there is no battery drain issue. now, what to do???