Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: vodacom

9930 UNABLE TO CONNECT TO JVM

Good day

My name is Rishvaan Balkissoon, and I am contacting you from South Africa, 3 months ago my blackberry 9930 blanked out. It has been to every mobile operator in South Africa and they can't do anything. The phone was a gift to me from a friend that visited the U.S. When I tried loading the software, it say unable to connect to JVM, did every step available online and it does not work. I am from South Africa and they say I need to get a swop out phone from U.S RIM as is was from a faulty batch, it is impossible for me to come to the U.S as I am I student. I am really disappointed that I can't get anything to work from South Africa. I am afraid that the warranty will be over and I won't get my phone sorted out.

Please can I receive assistance in South Africa, my phone is a 9930 verison from U.S.

Regards
R.Balkissoon
Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: 9930 UNABLE TO CONNECT TO JVM

Hi RISHVAAN,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Since you have been unable to reload your BlackBerry® Device Software due to the connection issue, I would suggest trying the steps in the following KB articles.

If you have a Windows® computer, please try to force a connection by starting a BlackBerry® Device Software reload without your battery inserted and reinserting it only once the BlackBerry® Device Software reload has reached the Initializing stage.  "How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader" http://bbry.lv/IAfXWd

If you are using a Mac, please try the steps in this KB article. "Unable to application load a BlackBerry smartphone showing JVM 507 or JVM 513 using BlackBerry Desktop Software" http://bbry.lv/J0V8BH

Please note that this process will remove all data from your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9930 smartphone.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!