Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

A History of Problems

Hello, I've been an 8130 Pearl user on the Telus network up here in Canada since Christmas of 2007.

I am currently on my 4th Pearl and although I keep having difficulties, I do love my blackberry.

1st bb: blinking hourglass of doom.

2nd bb: the "op" key wouldn't respond when pressed

3rd bb: MSN Live Messenger would not log in... "Server Busy. Try again later"

For my current Pearl, I can now log into MSN Live Messenger but I cannot send or receive messages.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app.  I've tried battery pulls, I've upgraded my desktop WLM.  All no luck.  I'm at a loss.

Also, on my first two Pearl's I was able to use the GPS function.  Now I am constantly getting the "GPS unavailable" with any GPS app I try (bb maps, Google maps, poynts, even the geotagging option on my camera)

So, can anyone help?  So far, I've tried removing and reinstalling my GPS apps, I've done battery pulls and memory cleaning, etc. etc.

I've called TELUS DNA team and they are now telling me that Telus does not support any third party applications or device features whatsoever (which is interesting because they used to, as of my third Pearl)

Super Contributor
My Device: BB 8530/ 5.0.0.734 OS
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: A History of Problems

What happens when your try to send an email? Do you get a red X or a clock? If you get a red X, please click on it. At the top you will see "Transaction Error". What follows that?
~Tami~
Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.
-- Albert Einstein
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: A History of Problems

I have never had a failed email.  Every once in a blue moon I get a failed SMS message but that's usually because the recipient is with another carrier.

All of my emails function properly though.

Smiley Sad