Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9860
My Carrier: Reliance GSM

A Hopeless product from Blackberry : BB Torch 9860

Hi all ( & BB authorities,if reading),

I don't understand how a company can let its product come in the market without even testing it. I am using Blackberry torch 9860 since one and a half year. This product has 'n' number of ridiculous and irritating bugs in it. Its 1 GHz processor gives actually 0.1Ghz performance. Just switch the applications one or two times and the screen freezes like hell. after 15-20 happnings of the same thing you feel like throw your BB on the floor. And what to say about those so called beautiful buttons at the bottom. Those never work. Neither menu button works nor back button. Its the worst thing in the handset. And solutions???? a battery pull which takes atleast 15 Minutes to switch on the handset again.. or like press call key for 1-2 minutes and back/menu key will work for 2 minutes. Literally laughable solutions.

I regret for wasting my money on Product like blackberry torch 9860.

Regards,

Dipesh

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: A Hopeless product from Blackberry : BB Torch 9860

I have virtually the same model,9850. I don't have these problems. Now my first phone the RAM went bad 1yr and 1 month into the contract. Compared to the Storm it reboots fast. VZW gave me a refurbished model with a 90 day warranty. Call your provider and see if they will assist you. VZW told me in the future to buy the extended warranty. This only covers manufactures defects or parts that fail. It suppose to be $1 or $2 a month.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

My wife and I used the 9850 for two full years, she still is, and I have friends on both the 9850/9860 who have none of the problems you're having.

Perhaps there's something we can assist you with, if you can explain in detail those issue.

Start with the exact OS version installed, found at Options > Device > About, third line down beginning with a "v.6.0.x.xxx", What is yours?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9860
My Carrier: Reliance GSM

Dear All,

Its not just my handset that is experiencing these problems. There are so many users around the world.

See :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/Blackberry-Torch-9860-Problems/td-p/1566451
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/9860-Back-and-BB-Buttons-Stop-Responding/td-...
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/torch-9860-the-blackberry-and-the-back-butto...
http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-torch-9860-9850-f238/back-button-possible-solution-cause-nee...
http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-torch-9860-9850-f238/bb-button-escape-button-not-work-someti...

Earlier It was OS 7.0. In many forums I read that I need to upgrade the OS so that I will not experience these problems further. So I Installed 7.1.

But still, its of no use.

Ofcourse I will show it now in some of the service centers or probably I need to repair it, but my concern is how a company like Blackberry can tolarate these kind of issues with their handset.

Note: I have not installed any app on my handset other than blackberry standard ones.

Regards,

Dipesh

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Dipesh, BlackBerry does not tolerate these issues. So i can't answer that question. Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code