Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

A couple of Bold Problems

[ Edited ]

Hey all,

I'm new to the BB world, and to this forum. So, be gentle. I'm with AT&T in Ft. Worth TX. It is an AT&T branded Bold.

I have a Bold, I only have the option to setup email for work using BES. I don't have BES, only BIS, which is all I need. I want to setup my Gmail account on it, but no option to setup a personal email account. I did choose the personal email option while installing the desktop software

Update:

I went to http://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular to register with the PIN and

IMEI and received the message that "my account has been suspended, contact my system admin."? Whats with that?

Also, when I want to go to some websites, like m.youtube.com, I get a pop-up message that says "This is a Wi-Fi service. Please ensure your device has an active Wi-Fi connection and try again". Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing? Internet does work, and I can get to these sites if connected to Wi-Fi.

Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated.

TIA, David 

Message Edited by davidusr on 11-09-2008 12:24 AM
Contributor

Re: A couple of Bold Problems

Have I stumped everyone?
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Call ATT customer center and ask for the correct service books, if you are a ATT customer , for sure you can have a icon for mail setup, the other way to setup a mail is going through att web page, log on onn your account and setup a new blackberry mail.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Contributor

I spent an hour and a half at an AT&T corp. store today, 30 mins. on the phone with AT&T Friday, only to have them forward me to BB Tech, was told to have my credit card ready by the automated system, I then hung up. It's a new phone, I didn't feel the need to have to pay to get it to work right. Im at wits end. Nothing BB will work on this phone. The phone works, media net works and Hot Spot browser works. BB Browser will not work, when I attempt to register the device at BB with the Pin and IMEI, I get "your account is suspended, contact your admin." I dont have an admin., I've never owned a BB phone to have an account to suspend. I'm starting to think I should return the phone and go back to a WinMo phone.

Grrrr!!! 

Forums Veteran III

Ok, before return your device, go again to ATT Store, believe me , the problem is your actual device, not Blackberry, if you can't register your device is impossible to have blackberry browser on your device.

You can call ATT and ask if your Pn Number is active on the network, if nobody can solve your problem in ATT, go to ATT Store and change the device for another one, and check on site if your browser (not WIFI Browser) are working.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Howdy and welcome to the forums!

(Texas formal)  Smiley Happy

I think your second point may explain your first problem.

Your phone may have an IT policy left on it from the previous user i.e. ( "system admin")

You need to call the carrier and have the PIN associated with your account and have the a blank

IT policy applied. If you phone is new, then you need to return it. (I think you may have gotten a used phone).

Please let us know what the carrier has to say.

Thanks!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

Well now I feel like a fool. I actually traded the Bold (supposedly "New in the Box") for my iphone 3G. Guess it wasn't so new in the box? "Buyer (or trader) beware!"

So I can call AT&T and have a blank IT policy added, and this will fix my problem? Or is there another way to fix it within the phone, or is this a restriction set on some company's server somewhere?

Also, while I have your ear, I was attempting to reinstall the OS, but when I go into the App Loader in the Desktop Software, I get the message "A fatal error has occurred while updating your devices software. Please try again."

Any thoughts? 

Forums Veteran III

Leave the device on the box, and retuned  to att, and change for a new one.
Guru I

Just my take on the situation, if you can take it back I would.

You spent good money for a device that doesn't function correctly.

If you can't take it back, then proceed with the OD upgrade. However,

we need to get rid of that IT policy. Is you device operational or did

the upgrade leave you with no OS.

Let me know,

Thanks

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Guru I

If you decide to keep it, or you can't return it.

Here is the prodedure you need:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remove-i-t-policy-blackberry-569/

Here is the correct procedure to load the device OS: TANZIMS POST :

Step #1

Before starting make sure that BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed on the computer.

Step#2

Make sure that you have installed updated device software installed in your PC. Check this link to get update device software from carrier OS download site.

Step#3

Users can perform a full or selective backup of the data using the Backup and Restore tool in BlackBerry Desktop Manager by completing the following steps:

1. Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  3. Double-click Backup and Restore.
  4. Select Backup to perform a full backup or select Advanced to perform a backup of specific databases.
  5. Choose a location to save the backup file, then click Save.

Step#4

To perform a clean install of the BlackBerry Device Software, perform the following steps:

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  2. Double-click the Application Loader icon.
  3. Click Next to start the installation process.
  4. Type your BlackBerry smartphone password, if prompted, and click OK.
  5. Click the check boxes next to the names of the applications you want to load, and then click Next.
  6. Click Advanced, and then click the check box beside Erase all currently installed applications.
  7. Click Next.
  8. Click the check box next to Do not automatically backup the application data during the loading process.
  9. Clear the box next to Backup and restore applications installed wirelessly.
  10. Click Next > Finish.
  11. When the process has completed, the message The loading operation was successful will appear. Click Close to return to BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Thanks,

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks