11-22-2008 11:59 AM
11-22-2008 12:21 PM - edited 11-22-2008 12:21 PM
BB is still working (for nearly 3 weeks now) on the case. It keeps getting escalated. Not sure whats going on with it. Last Wednesday I asked a BB rep for an ETA to a solution to the prob, and he said he couldn't give one. As soon as I get a response back from BB, I'll post the outcome.
Good luck with yours.
I traded the iPhone for the Bold as well. It doesn't connect to BIS. Spent hours on the phone with Rogers to have it forwarded to RIM over a week ago! Still no responce. Did you get yours working or did you get screwed?
11-24-2008 08:09 PM
3 weeks is absolutely ridiculous. There is no way I`m going to accept waiting that long. How does RIM find this acceptable being the world class company that it is, regardless of our method of obtaining the phone? It`s still their phone and they should want everyone using a BlackBerry. How long could it possibly take to tell us what the problem is? Is RIM angry that we tried the iPhone and found out it was garbage?
Rogers may not have sold me the phone but it is a Rogers phone and it was paid for. I have a copy of an email from someone in customer support at RIM verifying the IMEI, PIN and that it is a Rogers phone , to the guy I traded with. I`ve read about a lot of Bolds under different carriers having similar problems with brand new ones from the store. Even one or the reps at Rogers said it to me. The difference there is that they were exchangeable.
If my Pearl (that I did buy from Rogers and am currently using) had this same issue would I still be waiting like this?
The worst part about this is that I can`t even go back to the guy anymore that I traded with. How do you go back 2 weeks (or 3 weeks) later and say it doesn`t work, I want my phone back?
11-24-2008 08:44 PM
11-24-2008 09:11 PM
11-24-2008 09:24 PM - edited 11-24-2008 09:24 PM
If Rogers cant fix the prob, they should connect you to BB themselves, with no charge to you. Thats what ATT did with me anyway.
I'm on the phone with BB right now...on hold of course.
11-24-2008 11:34 PM - edited 11-24-2008 11:36 PM
I talked to "Scott", who said "Jeff" is handling my ticket, or case. Jeff has left notes on the ticket requesting that the ticket stay in his (Jeffs) name, that he will contact me personally and keep me updated. Scott said that it shows to be resolved, and Jeff should be contacting me "soon". So, Jeff, take your time brother!
Hopefully I will hear from him tomorrow. His shift is from 10am to 6pm. No idea what time zone.
Maybe tomorrow evening I can post back here with a working BB Bold.
PS: Scott still couldn't tell me what the problem is, other than it's been escalated to the network engineers, and something to the effect that the PIN is suspended?
11-24-2008 11:40 PM - edited 11-24-2008 11:40 PM
I have the same problem before, I had a curve then a iPhone 3G and now Bold, BIS was registered with my Curve, called up ATT and ask for a new IT policy, all things set.
ATT tried that with my Bold. When it failed to work is when they sent me to BB. I think I have spent about 4.5 hours on the phone between ATT and BB on this. I can't really get upset with either, except that it's taken since 11/5 to get resolved, if it has been.