Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Virgin

A few more suggestions for BlackBerry

I am suggesting that BlackBerry seriously considers putting back Memo Pad or a Note Pad in the next updates to their Z10 OS, Sometimes one simply wants to make a note on the fly. I find the current feature called Remember kind of inconvenient to use.

Another suggestion is to include the option where a given profile can expire after a predetermined time period. For example, if one is in an environment where the ringing of  the phone with incoming calls or alerts might cause a disturbance, the phone could be placed on the silent or vibrate only setting but these could be set to expire at a time set by the user after which the phone would revert to the Normal profile or setting which would then allow incoming calls with audible notifications. A similar feature is already included on some previous phone models which were not even classified as smart phones back then. Practical applications of this feature is convenient in meetings or even when one goes to the movies.

Finally, please include an option for the Z10 to only vibrate and not ring when placed in a holster. The Bold 9900 and several other Blackberry models were able to do this so I don't understand why a later model like the Z10  is unable to do so.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS; PlayBook w/OS
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: A few more suggestions for BlackBerry

I use an app called "Memo Pad" that can be found in BB World for those quick notes on the fly. It does exactly what the old one did without having to go through Remember.

We're all asking for holster profiles. Hopefully, BB will get going on some of these features soon.

When you know how the Z10 was developed it's a little easier to understand why some of those features aren't there. The people who designed and developed the BB10 OS came from the QNX company and were asked to design a phone. They had little to do with the BBOS side of the company and it obviously shows in the final product. In my opinion, it is one of a few reasons why BB is still struggling today.

1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!