08-29-2008 07:53 PM
Hello. I just got my BB about a week ago so I have a few questions. I browsed through the previous pages to see if my questions were already asked, but I didn't see it (at least not with the first 6 pages) so sorry if it's a repeat.
1. If you add a song to your BlackBerry, like from iTunes list, can you use that as a ring tone too? Or no because it was uploaded as a song and not a ringtone per-se?
2. Is there a way to watch videos online? Like from YouTube or other sites that require Flash?
3. I currently have my left convenience as the Phone Lock, requiring a password to unlock it (not just the #* or whatever the generic unlock code is). However, my phone will automatically lock after 1 hour (that's the longest I could set it). Is there a way to turn off the fact that it will automatically lock after 1 hour, but still have the password as the way to unlock my phone?
4. Is there a way to turn off the key tones when dialing a number? Even when I'm in Silent or Vibrate, whenever I dial a number, the numbers still make noise.
5. If you accidentally delete a text, is there any way to recover it? My older phone had the option to browse deleted texts.
I think that's it...thanks so much in advance!!
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-29-2008 08:39 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums,
lets take them one at a time:
1) you can use a song as a ringtone, go to media music, highlight the song hit menu key and pick Set as Ringtone/
The whole song will not play as a ringtome, just 4or 5 seconds of it.
2) There are third party apps that will let you which SOME videos, it depends on the format. I will have to find the
one I know about, just can't remember the name right now
3) There isn't an option to turn off the security timeout if you are using the password, kind of makes sense if you think about it. I have mine set for an hour because I am on and off it frequently. But I always manually lock it when I leave it.
4) No, the keytones stay on, even in vibrate mode.
5) I have to look up this
So I owe you a link and an answer to 5.
Please let me know if the others answer your questions, and I will come back with the other info.
08-29-2008 08:51 PM
5) unless they were backup up by DMM they are not retrievable. Desktop Manager is the tool that backs up and restores
and synchronize the data for the BB device.
2) you can convert videos to watch on BB here is the link
Let us know if you have any more questions,
09-03-2008 07:02 PM - edited 09-03-2008 07:03 PM
Let us know!
09-04-2008 12:21 PM
He was talking about the keytones when dialing a message,
But thanks for trying to help!
09-04-2008 12:28 PM
09-09-2008 04:04 PM
09-09-2008 04:20 PM