Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

A glitch in the sim card transferal of contacts

I recently upgraded from a 2G to a 3G. I now have the new Torch and it is completely unusable. The whole system freezes up when I try to use it. None of the function keys work nor does the manual keyboard. I have brought the device back to the store 3 times and all they can do is pop out the battery an reboot which works for about 30 seconds and then it freezes again. I cannot make outgoing calls or retrieve messages. The only other thing that temp overrides is when a call comes in.

I brought the phone back and got a new one and it is the same thing. The only thing that remained constant was they used the same sim card because it had all my contacts on it so I am wondering if the problem is sim-related?

Has anyone had this problem and if so, is it fixable. I needed this upgrade b/c of work and now I am seriously thinking of going back to a regular phone.

Thanks

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9800

Re: A glitch in the sim card transferal of contacts

I did not have this issue myself....however, I would think that the store could/would give you a new sim card or at least have a "test" card that they would try.  Also, fwiw, when I imported my contacts it separated each number for each contact into its own contact (so a contact with 3 numbers came in as Person/1, Person2, and Person/3) and I had to do them manually anyways.  Losing the sim card and it's stored contact info should be a minor inconvenience.  I'd ask for a new sim card.

Be Good Or Be Gone