Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

A new guy with problems

Hi guys, I just joined the league of Blackberry users like let's say a month ago. Since then I've been doin evrythin possible to adjust to the nu world. But Still I'm avn some probs or so. I am from Nigeria and already av subscribed to the internet but I can neither stream with ma phone or av I made a complete download, which brings me to the question, Do I nd to do some settings b4 I can stream with the phone or for my downloadn. I use a blackberry 8320 with mtn network... Thanks
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: A new guy with problems

Hi Darequam and welcome to the Forums.  Smiley Happy

Unfortunately, BlackBerry devices are unable to simply stream audio or video from the internet.  If you are trying to view Flash videos, there is no compatible version of Flash available for the BlackBerry, however, if you are trying to view YouTube videos, you can do so by enabling Javascript on your phone.  While in the browser, press the BB Menu button and select Options, then under the Browser options, simply ensure that the Enable Javascript box is enabled on your phone.

Regarding your second question, when you say complete download, can you give us more information about what you are trying to download?  Generally speaking, for downloading, you need to ensure that your phone is connected to a BIS (or BES) network and hence connected to the BlackBerry service.  For this, you need to ensure that your phone has a BlackBerry data plan.  Check with your carrier for assistance to ensure that you have the correct data plan.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

Thanks krypto for givin me attention in the first place. As per the streaming stuff, which site r my to test if its working? I'l enable the java stuff. About the download, I av a Bis connection, but still all my downloads keep stopping at 3% 2% or even 9. I tried downloadn Achmed the mad scientist (a video from youtube) also try to download a video converter for Pc of about 25mb, it still does the same thing. Well what do u suggest now
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

WelcSmiley Happyme to the cSmiley Happymmunity suppSmiley Happyrt fSmiley Happyrums Darequam - you are in excellent care with Krypto - she is one of the best

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

That's funny cus I never knew it was a she. But anyway I'm happy to be a member here now and will be willing to render myself wen nded
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Glad you are here!!  EnjSmiley Happyy

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hmm, interesting... can you let us know what operating system you're running on your Curve?  I'll see if I can track down any solutions.  You can get this info by going to Options > About.  It should show up after the v (e.g. v4.5.0.160).

Also, try pulling the battery out on the phone for 15-30 seconds, then put it back in and let the phone reboot.  Once the phone has rebooted, see if it works.

Another easy thing to try is to re-register your handheld on the BlackBerry network (Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > BB Menu button > Register Now), and then resend your service books.

Start with these things and give me that extra info and I'll see what I can find out for you!  Smiley Happy

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

Thanks kryp, about the download, I don't kno what I did but it seems to be working normal, the only problem now is the stream on utube, av enabled the java but its still givin xcuses for not showin
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Hi Darequam,

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor

Thanks tanzim and everybody, I appreciate and embraze u guys as my nu set of friends. @krypto, the download has stopped again, I think it has something to do with the speed cus when it was succesful yesternight it was downloading @ rate of 4.5kb/s, but now its like 1.5, does that av anything to do with it? Do u guys kno any site where I can get loads of applications and games for my phone?