Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: A new guy with problems

Hmm, I wonder if there is a network problem on your end.  Are you getting a 3G connection?

As to where to download apps from, I'm not sure if BlackBerry App World has made it's way to your area yet, but if it has, that's a great place to start.  Otherwise, a couple of good places are BPlay (for games, themes and the such), or the Mobihand App Store.

Smiley Happy

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I connected using edge, plus isn't d 8320 an edge only phone?
Elite I

Ah, yes, you're correct.  Smiley Happy

In that case, check to ensure that your phone says EDGE (all capitals).  If it's going to edge (little letters), then that's the likely source of the problem as edge does not give data, while EDGE does.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Its capital EDGE u kno
Elite I

Ok, I'll try to take a look around tomorrow and see if I can find any other suggestions.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Elite I

Darequam, I've looked around and don't really have any new suggestions.  At this point, I would take it up with your carrier and maybe see if they have any other suggestions.  The fact that you are able to download (just not consistently) would seem to suggest that the phone is working correctly.

As a final suggestion, maybe try switching out your SIM card for a new one.  I have heard of some people getting improved results with new SIM cards.

Good luck and if you do figure it out, let us know!  Smiley Happy