Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: T-Mobile

A problem: Application net_rim_bb_addressbook_app (409)

Hello, please help me....

Error syncing contact with MS Office 2003 (Outlook):

Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_addressbook_app (409) is not responding: process terminated

...synchronizes only 15 out of 580 contacts and the application (BB Desktop Software) stops.

What do you do? Consult please.   

...and could be a problem with the contact (many characters or letters) too long?

Thanks Petr

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: A problem: Application net_rim_bb_addressbook_app (409)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The first thing to do is reboot everything (PC, BB) and try again. If the error continues, then your suspicion may be correct in that a bad record is causing the problem...if you can determine what record 15 (or thereabouts) is, then you might be able to cure the problem.

Otherwise, I suggest this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Otherwise, this KB might be of use:

• KB01451 How to turn on advanced synchronization logging if a wired synchronization fails

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hallo,

thanks for your instruction, but I have already tried to do this...

The information in the file SyncLog.html is:

Error Information: 18010 (0000465a) (KnownErrorWithLocalizedText), Description: Během pokusu o aktualizaci záznamu databáze zařízení došlo k chybě., File: .\BBTransBase.cpp, Line: 1005

...but the file (\BBTransBase.cpp) does not exist on the PC.

Any advice?  ... I can send you the entire log to identify the errors.

Thanks Petr

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

sidap wrote:

thanks for your instruction, but I have already tried to do this...

Oh...sorry...since you did not say so, I could not know. Plus, I gave you three things to try...and you replied in the singular form of statement, which means you only tried one. But, you didn't say which one. Regardless, please do try the other two.

I have no ability to interpret your logs for you. What I would guess, based on what you put in your post, is that you have a record in your data, with the text as the error you posted shows for "Description", and that record is the cause of the problem. Dealing with that record might be a useful approach.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks, but...

Here is the solution :

....after you run the synchronization with the progress of contacts hangs for a few moments (for example, on the 20th, 30th, ...). The phone then begins to heat up, and the synchronization will stop. Help you to disconnect from the computer and reboot the phone. Subsequently, it may happen that the contacts from your phone will be lost.        also from time to time there may be a problem that the phone does not connect at all to the computer. Unfortunately, these problems causes a new version of the BlackBerry Desktop Software 7.1. The solution is simple-not to update to the current version of BlackBerry Desktop Software 7.1. However, if you have already updated your BBDS and now have problems with sync, you need to go back to an older BBDS: BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.1

Petr