Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: BM

A profile to restrict LED notification..not working for me

[ Edited ]

I must be missing something obvious but I have been unable to turn off LED notification for my less important email addresses. 

More specifically:

I have 5 email addresses pushed to my BB. There are time intervals when I only want LED notification of only a couple of them and texts. (I currently get LED notification using BeBuzz v3)

With the original installation of BerryBuzz one is instructed to set 'Repeat Notification/LED' to 'None' for all items in your Blackberry profiles. I take it this is to permit BBuzz to control all the notifications but then I assume to turn off an LED notification completely one needs to select "off" in the "Other Applications-Notifiers" (BerryBuzz) when making a custom profile.

But I did try this and a test email still results in a BBuzz LED notification...which I had turned off for this address :? .
What am doing wrong when setting up such a custom profile :oops:. Is it BB or BeBuzz or both?

But testing it for one of these the LED still flashed in receipt of the email  

What am I missing?

Under "Visual Alerts" I select "Off" for all that I dont want but when I test to see if all is good I still get the LED alert. 

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: A profile to restrict LED notification..not working for me

Once you've set up such an alert, are you pressing the BB menu key and selecting Save?  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: BM

Re: A profile to restrict LED notification..not working for me

[ Edited ]

BillJ wrote:

Once you've set up such an alert, are you pressing the BB menu key and selecting Save?  Smiley Happy

Bill even if I didnt use the BB menu key to SAVE one is prompted to SAVE (or not) even when doing an exit from the profile editing.