Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: Straight Talk
Accepted Solution

A very dumb question

I am sorry to bother you with what I'm certain is a very stupid question.  I promise that I'm actually pretty techy, but this very simple thing has me going in circles for more than an hour now.  I've been through all the tech support videos I can find, and I can't find a live person anywhere to solve what is surely a simple problem.

I purchased a Curve 8310 this morning and went to register it through Straight Talk.

Unfortunately, the #&*^@ thing won't let me accept the Blackberry Solution Licence Agreement.  No matter what I do, it keeps taking me back to the agreement.  I've tried:

1. Entering straight through.

2. Space-barring until "I Agree" is in White (leaving "I do not agree" in Blue)

3. Space-barring until "I Agree" is in Blue (leaving "I do not agree" in White)

4. Space-barring until both "I Agree" and "I do not agree" are in White.  

In all four cases, when I hit enter, it takes me right back to the License agreement. There are no other oprions given.

Obviously this is right-out of the box, because I couldn't have made any changes to the settings if I wanted to. How to proceed? 

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: A very dumb question

Try doing a battery pull. Let it restart and see if the problem is still their. if the problem is still their after the restart i think you should try and get a replacement.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: Straight Talk

That did it!  Thanks. Should've tried that first, but just assumed that I was doing something wrong.

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

if you ever have any issue, always try doing a battery pull first. usually fix most problems.