Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

ABSENCE OF SPIRIT OF SERVICE - Consumer Complaint - India

[ Edited ]

This is with reference to the mail below from Redington Black Berry Support, IMEI No: (personal info removed), Work-order no (personal info removed), Bold 9900.

I received a call from Mr. Wilson stating that my handset cannot be repaired/replaced as the same does not fall under warranty as some tapering has been done to the handset internally.

Now this has come to me as a surprise as this is the second time I’ve given the handset to the authorised service centre (Redington, Sec – 18, Noida) since the purchase of the handset. In the first issue too the same was given to the same service centre & the same can be verified by you internally. Now if a 10 month old handset has been given for repair twice to the same place & also as a matter of fact that the handset has never been given externally ever by me too, how can the hand held be tapered internally ?? If this was the issue, Redington – Noida would have seen the seal broken in the handset at the point of handing over the handset.

I would request you to take appropriate action & interest in the issue and help me in getting the solution for the said problem. I have suffered a great deal of personal hardship, wastage of time without a Business Phone & using a NOKIA as a substitute. I am having lots of hope from the transparent and very well organized management working system that I’ve gathered from my media sources and I am sure my problems will get rectified soon.

Please immediately investigate how this has occurred and contact me at your earliest convenience so we can discuss appropriate & immediate conclusion.

Point of purchase (Dealer Info):

Mobile House

Branch : P-10, Sector 18, Noida

Head Office – G-29, Sec 18, Noida

Mobile: (personal info removed)

Invoice No: (personal info removed), Invoice Date: 28/09/2011

Warm Regards,
Gunjan Nagpal
Tel: (personal info removed)0 | Handheld: (personal info removed)4 | Email: (personal info removed) l@timesgroup.com

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: ABSENCE OF SPIRIT OF SERVICE - Consumer Complaint - India

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

So as to properly set your expectations, please know that this site is a user-to-user community, not a user-to/from-RIM formal channel of communication. As such, your plea here, while valid, is misplaced. Indeed, your post includes quite a bit of personal information, which is restricted from use here in this public non-formal site...the Mods will shortly redact out the portions that are in violation of the Ts and Cs of this site.

Your case is one of many that we hear about on this site...sadly, all with the same result...there is nothing that, on this site, can be done about it. Rather, your escalation channel is with the management of the places you are dealing with...you need to escalate through their channels, ultimately hopefully being escalated into RIM.

To bypass your contractual support channel, you would contact RIM independently...but, again, this site is not a channel by which to do that. Rather, go to the main RIM.com website and look up their "Contact Us" or similar pages for potential methods to make your plea to RIM.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................