Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: AIM for Bold?

I think it was marked solved because the answer seems to be no....
Highlighted
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

If you go to www.mobile.blackberry.com, can you download any applications?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes I can download other applications from that address as well as from blackberry.com software section. But AIM will not download, it asks me to accept terms of service then displays the aforementioned error message and does not download
Forums Veteran III

Please Reset your device and try again from the link www.mobile.blackberry.com.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Contributor

What happens now is that I am taken to a page that states that AIM and ICQ are not supported by this phone, although the phone specifications says that it supports AIM, and the links are not available.
New Contributor

I believe we are all saying the same things happens.  No matter what site we use or way to access the download, we hit the error message.   No one with the new Bold has yet to say they have successfully downloaded AIM that I can see. 
Forums Veteran III

That is the point, my Bold is Unbranded and I an on Tmobile, and i can't access to www.mobile.blackberry.com and i Have a friend with another unbranded Bold, and with ATT have access to any web, he downolad aim for bold from this site.

So , right now you understand why i ask for your carrier and device?

New Contributor

I have AT&T and the new Blackberry Bold 900.  I cannot download AIM from any of the suggested different sites (mobile, MEdia net, the link sent to my Berry, the link on my computer, AOL mobile/AIM) - all let me go through the motions to download, then give me the error message. 
New Contributor

understandable, however I have a branded Att phone which was picked up from the Att store today. I am able to use atts version of aim, mobile im, but not the actual aol aim application. Aim should work regardless of carrier if it is being provided via blackberry.com correct? If you are to go to the software page on blackberry.com, and email your bb with the aim application information, it says not supported by device, nothing is said about carrier, but that system requirements are not met.
Forums Veteran III

The problem is 100% you dont have the service books for AIM on your device, call ATT customer service and ask for this, (my friend made the same), good luck.