Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

AOL Instant Messenger App- Buddy Icons and Status Messages aren't appearing on my Blackberry Tour

I have a blackberry tour, and my buddy icons and buddies' statuses aren't appearing on my AOL instant messenger application. I have the settings for buddy icons in my aim options set to on, however I believe this is a software issue....Anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have a solution?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: AOL Instant Messenger App- Buddy Icons and Status Messages aren't appearing on my Blackberry Tour

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Here is the link to the Blackberry AOL support page:  AOL Instant Messenger  

I have also included the user manual.

User Guide - AOL Instant Messenger Service (AIM Service) for BlackBerry Smartphones

If you need any further  help please let us know.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Re: AOL Instant Messenger App- Buddy Icons and Status Messages aren't appearing on my Blackberry Tour

Thankyou for attempting to help bifocals, however this is a software issue, it is not only on my phone but on my friends as well, I went through the whole manual for this, I wish I could let RIM know about this issue so they could fix it! If you could, could you please report this to them? The icons aren't loading, I just show gray boxes next to my friend's screenames, it is on every blackberry that my friends own, no matter what carrier or model.... And there aren't any settings to change.....please help me!!!!!
Guru I

[ Edited ]

JohnnyCee494 wrote:
Thankyou for attempting to help bifocals, however this is a software issue, it is not only on my phone but on my friends as well, I went through the whole manual for this, I wish I could let RIM know about this issue so they could fix it! If you could, could you please report this to them? The icons aren't loading, I just show gray boxes next to my friend's screenames, it is on every blackberry that my friends own, no matter what carrier or model.... And there aren't any settings to change.....please help me!!!!!

Hi,

I never said it was any kind of specific  issue software or hardware!

I am not an employee or affiliated with RIM in any way other than I own a device, like you.

My report of the problem carry's the same weight as yours , this is a user to user forum.

We help each other. So...  Here's the deal!

Provide me with the following information, and I will load the app to test with you.

1) What model is your device?

2) What version of device OS are you running currently?

3) Who is your carrier? 

4) What version of the AOL instant messenger app are you running?

Thanks,

Bifocals

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

Oh! I am so sorry Bifocals! I have a blackberry tour 9630 running os 5.0.0.975, my carrier is Verizon Wireless, and I am using aol instant messenger version 2.5.69 thankyou so much bifocals!
Guru I

JohnnyCee494 wrote:
Oh! I am so sorry Bifocals! I have a blackberry tour 9630 running os 5.0.0.975, my carrier is Verizon Wireless, and I am using aol instant messenger version 2.5.69 thankyou so much bifocals!

What in the world (other than Verizon Wireless) are you sorry for?   Smiley Very Happy

Okay we match pretty good I have a Storm2 9550 on device OS v5.0.0.1015.

It's also a CDMA device  on Verizon (who needs to release the Storm 3 immediately).Wireless.

I'll post back when I get the AOL app loaded.  One question did this feature work prior to the 2.5.69 release?

Thanks,

Bifocals

New Contributor

No it didn't work at all before, no matter what version, I kept hoping that they would fix this problem with a new release but unfortunately they haven't :/
Guru I

Hi,

Okay  I finally remembered my AOL password and activated my AIM account.

I went to AppWorld and downloaded "AOL Instant Messenger" v2.5.69.

I'm logged in and available, but we have one slight snag....I have no buddies, co-workers or family.

Smiley Sad

So I sent you a PM with my AIM IdSmiley Wink

Thanks,

Bifocals

New Contributor

I added you, your icon appears but my other friends' icons do not? I wonder why!